Senior Analyst & SEO
It’s difficult to write a resumé when your skills and experience, not to mention the requirements of most jobs in the field are so varied. When I came across a blog post describing the merits of being a ‘T-shaped’ web marketer, I realized he was describing me.
I think of myself as a holistic marketer. I love analytics because it allows me to see what is working and what isn’t. I like SEO because it offers cumulative benefits and amounts to investing in yourself. Sure, owned and bought channels are fine too (and have their unique strengths) but I still think the lion’s share of an online marketing budget should be invested in your own properties—whenever possible.
With that preface, I give you my resumé substitute.
- Compile reports with a solid understanding of Excel spreadsheet formulas
- Background in development and design, basic Excel skills…learning more.
- Pull data from multiple platforms (Google Analytics, Omniture SiteCatalyst, Webtrends, Webmaster Tools)
- Very familiar with Google Analytics (including ‘Universal Analytics’) and Webmaster Tools (Google and Bing).
- Develop webpage and social media asset optimizations based on keyword research
- Comfortable with multiple keyword tools including AdWords, Google Trends, Bing Webmaster Tools, SEM Rush, Analytics.
- Execute link building strategy
- Currently following this strategy.
- Create sitemaps
- I create both HTML and XML sitemaps for all projects.
- Work efficiently through task lists and utilize project management tools
- I complete all needed taks, happy to learn PM tools.
- Support business development and account teams as needed in SEOsales and presentations.
- I have experience in sales, retail, customer service and traditional marketing and I am comfortable with presenting and speaking publicly.
- Present new tools to the internal team
- A major reason that I have my own website is so that I can test new tools and techniques and explain/utilize them accordingly.
- Perform other optimization duties as needed
- Of course.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in SEO
- 2.5 years SEO experience, never been punished by a Google Algorithm update,
- Knowledge of social media and search engine marketing (SEM)
- Already obtained my voucher for the Google AdWords certified paartner test, studying for it now. Familiar with social media optimization and best-practices.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Not expert but I get by and I have been focusing on learning Excel (and for that matter the spreadsheets in Google Docs) lately.
- Understanding of basic web development technologies with the ability to tweak HTML
- I have worked as a front-end devloper and do web performance optimization work that is a mixture of front and back-end work regularly…strong interest in standards, semantics (including Semantic Web), accessibility, usability, and internationalization.
- Ability to perform keyword research utilizing a variety of tools
- Experience developing back links for websites
- Understanding of core SEO concepts and why certain search results appear for various keywords
- Experience with at least one of the following is strongly preferred: local SEO, mobile SEO, or social media optimization (SMO)
- Most experienced with local but I am familiar with mobile (particularly the SEO boost from mobile/responsive sites (when done correctly).
- Experience with Fortune 1000 brands and/or within an agency environment
- Agency environment, check.
- Innovative thinker, intuitive learner, with ability to quickly find solutions in fast-moving industry
- Excellent research and writing skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle other duties as assigned
- Financial or automotive experience is a plus
- Unfortunately not.
- Spanish or French proficiency is a plus
- I speak functional Spanish.
- BA/BS or equivalent
- I don’t have a college degree but I do have almost 4 years college, a vocation certificate (in Commercial Art) and over 3 years experience as a web professional handling a wide array of responsibilities including SEO, PPC, Analytics, web development, email marketing, design, social media and more.